By providing comprehensive services, many individuals with little to no vocational experience can readily transition into supported employment. Well managed support staff is often the key to a successful employment relationship between a consumer and community employer. VLI maintains a tenured staff screened by the Department of Justice, First Aid and CPR certified, and monitored by the Department of Motor Vehicles. All direct care staff receives extensive ongoing training. Most importantly, they demonstrate their dedication to the consumers served on a daily basis through caring and compassionate support.
VLI’s Supported Employment program carries a 97% successful stabilization rate.
VLI’s Supported Employment program carries a 97% successful stabilization rate. Consumer feedback indicates that the vast majority is extremely satisfied with their job, pay and benefits with established companies throughout the San Gabriel Valley and Inland Empire.
Contact Ivan Campos at (626) 337-6200 Ext. 130 or firstname.lastname@example.org
SUPPORTED EMPLOYMENT BASIC ENCLAVE INFORMATION
“Supported Employment” is a program that has been in existence for over 40 years, on a national level. Thousands of employers have taken advantage of this efficient and effective means of creating, fulfilling or expanding their work force.
THIS IS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE TO AN EMPLOYER:
- A group of 3 or more workers will work at your site, with a VLI supervisor with them at all times.
- These workers can either do work that you already have available, or we can help you find places where your work “bottle necks” or slows down, and place our workers there….this should help your non-disabled workers become more productive.
- VLI workers will report as scheduled and work along side your regular employees; they can either do the same work every day, or can work on whatever assignments you give them.
THESE ARE THE BENEFITS TO AN EMPLOYER:
- The VLI supervisor is provided free of charge.
- The VLI workers may be paid less than minimum wage, according to an arrangement with the Department of Labor; VLI will maintain all of this documentation.
- VLI will cover our workers at your worksite for all insurance, including workers compensation.
- You will be billed once a month for “services rendered”; VLI will process all payroll for the workers.
- Your existing employees will be challenged, motivated and educated by their new co-workers.
- VLI can provide consultants as requested to work with your employees on learning how to successfully include workers with disabilities into your work force and ensure compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
THESE ARE THE THINGS YOU WON’T SEE:
- Higher costs; supported employment rates are up to 45% lower than that of direct or other outsourced employment services
- More accidents or injuries; adults with disabilities are statistically proved to be very safety conscious
- An unappreciative work force; our employees have a goal to work and earn money to become more independent
- VLI workers must work between 25-35 hours per week
- VLI workers will not perform any work that you would not assign to your non-disabled workers
- Day time shifts are preferable, though some night shift workers are available
For more information, contact Sage Newman Valley Light Industries at (626) 337-6200 Ext. 114